Music Banter - View Single Post - Post your baroque music videos here
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #55 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Vivaldi - Violin Concerto in A minor, RV 356 Op 3 No 6
Itzhak Perlman - Violinist

Earlier in the thread, I posted a different, faster performance of this, my favorite Vivaldi violin concerto. Today, however, I was listening to Itzhak Perlman and much prefer his slower, more emotional rendition (below).

I love the tenderness and tension of this stately three movement piece, which jubilates with elation and confidence at times and sorrows with melancholy at others (the chilly second movement). I also like that this concerto is fairly easy to play on the violin and has glorious "finger-twister" (as opposed to tongue-twister) sections that are fun yet surmountable challenges, such as at 2:24 in the first movement and 7:24 in the third movement.

I feel Vivaldi did a wonderful job creating a musical piece that is accessible both to listeners and performers.

Itzhak Perlman-Violin Concerto in A minor,RV 356 Op 3 No 6 - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 02-01-2012 at 08:17 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote