Music Banter - View Single Post - Nickelback
Thread: Nickelback
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #125 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeddyVanHalen View Post
My only reason for not liking Nickelback is because of Chad's attitude. My friends have had some distasteful encounters with him.

True Story #1:

Buddy of mine went to a private event with his girlfriend, and Nickelback were one of the bands there (mind you, this is long before they got famous). Basically, Chad kept hitting on my buddy's girlfriend, and she thinks he was being a major pig.

True Story #2:

My friend of mine was in the same elevator as him, and she was still a teenager at the time. She kindly asked Chad if she could have his autograph. She didn't have a paper, but she asked if he could sign her shoe. Instead of kindly saying no, Chad responded by saying "Eeeewwwww!!!! NO!!! I don't wanna sign your shoe, that's gross!!!"

True Story #3:

My friend's little sister was still a kid at the time, and she saw Chad at the grocery store. She kindly went up to Chad and asked if she could have his autograph. He rudely responded by saying "Pffft!!!! NO!!!!" Personally, I would never give that kind of attitude to a young kid like that. To me, that's just not cool.

True Story #4:

This got on the news actually. Chad was hanging out at this nightclub in his current hometown which is Vancouver (in Canada). Chad basically got drunk, got into a fight with someone at the bar area, then the fight carried out onto the streets. Police came and arrested Chad.

Just seeing this kind of behaviour really sets a bad example to fans in my personal opinion. His older works were definitely a lot better, but after seeing him having a bad attitude and his music lacking substance (again, just personal preference), I started to lose respect for him.
Personally I couldn't care less about an artist's attitude, I'm only interested in how they sound.........just sayin you know.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote