Music Banter - View Single Post - This guy is my cousin.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
For one, don't patronise me, love.

For two, what part of I've seen a police officer taking class A drugs isn't comprehending? Taking class A drugs is seen by the 'police' as an unforgivable offence basically. So an officer doing something that they could potentially go to jail for isn't very responsible is it? Why should they be let away with an offence like that and this guy gets mauled for flinging a skateboard about. I just gave an examples of times where the police are hypocritical, but it's blasphemy if it's not them is all I'm saying.
And what I'm saying is you're comparing two completely unrelated problems - Police Corruption, and Police Brutality.

Apples and Oranges. The two things don't have any bearing on each other. A corrupt police officer can be brutal, or they can be super lenient. A straight police officer can also be brutal or lenient.

I also think you're pushing a view on me that you've had borne out by your own experience with the police. I've friends in the police force too, and I live round the corner from our local station as part of greater manchester. Its not like I'm some rube who's only contact with the police is CSI dramas and I don't know how things are in a city or with real policepeople.

Yes, the police are human beings and are fallible, but they also have a job to do and they work in an environment and within a system that does its best to stamp out the kind of behaviours that you're implying are endemic (And without any but anecdotal evidence, no less)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote