Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #11048 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I watched two. First:

I liked it a lot. I haven't seen Ryan Gosling in many things that I actually drew enjoyment from, but this is a keeper. One downside was that I was expecting something far more experimental than what I saw, since everybody bitched about how it tries to be far too artsy for its own good. Usually that's a sign that it will be a film that I appreciate for its avant-gardism. The only thing I would consider artsy in this film is the vagueness of the ending. Some would say that it's the cinematography that's art house but I entirely disagree, it's just good cinematography in my opinion.
Anyways, I liked the action in it and the storyline was dark enough to keep me interested, it was a great ride the whole way through, had me intrigued from moment one. 9.5/10

Next:

Oh my, a Shakespearean spoof. Can't get more dry than that now, can we?
That was my initial thought of the film, but I watched it nonetheless since Netflix recommended it to me with five stars according to my taste, and damn, they were right. I just finished reading Hamlet again, so everything from the play was still fresh when I watched it. This film had me in hysterics the whole way through, and the humour was smart and Shakespearean in itself, but with modern language so that it's easier to understand what in the Hell they are saying. That being said, this may be one of my favourite comedies that I've seen. 10/10

Last edited by Frownland; 02-02-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typos
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote