Music Banter - View Single Post - Lydia Lunch full of $hit?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Euronomus
Dibs on the killing sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
I guess a large part of my anger towards lydia it is I have a very very deep contempt for people who are not only elitist but who I think also can not back themselves up in a way I think make sense. I find I am also hyper sensitive to disliking people who I think artificially differentiate themselves from others to massive degrees and act as if they can live as an idealism to support their own ridiculous social arguments. I think her negativity is childish and her perception of herself is dishonest and I see inconsistencies all over her. It really seems like she would go so far as to deny the fact that she is a human to support something ridiculous she believes in and a lot of the time it seems as though that is exactly what she is doing.

I am really quite surprised to see that I am the minority on this one. Quite interesting actually.
I totally agree with you on this one, the Nardwuar interview is one thing - it's hard sometimes to keep your head when faced with jackassery , but the interview that engine posted makes it pretty clear that she's just a contrarian with no interest in having a conversation or looking at thing's from different perspectives. She just wants to **** all over anything that doesn't fit her narrow worldview.