Music Banter - View Single Post - Eating Bugs and other Creepy Crawlies
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Scorpions do seem quite popular in that I've often seen people eat them on the telly, typically scorpions-on-a-stick from chinese markets. I've wondered if people remove the stinger before they eat them, but those in the lollies seem to have theirs intact. Can't they poke your tongue?

Nevertheless, I'd be happy to try a scorpion.

I disected a cockroach once and I was surprised at how fatty it was. Basically, its guts were just a bit of intestine going through a big chunk of white fat. So, since fat is rich in energy, I figured cockroaches could be regarded high quality food at least the ones we were working on!
I've wondered this. Scorpion stings hurt quite a bit (I've gotten stung in the genitals once) and I'd hate to feel that stinger on my tongue, sexual innuendos aside.

For me, cockroaches simply wouldn't be on the menu. For one, I am deathly afraid of the things. I won't even kill them, they frighten me too much. It's strange considering they can't even bite, or atleast they don't intend to. Second, they're generally considered to be "unclean" bugs. Most people consider them filthy and disease ridden. True or not, I doubt I could get over my cockroach stigma.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote