Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #532 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Yes, but alcohol is more addictive than marijuana.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/comparecht.gif

You may be able to get more intoxicated from a joint than you can from a glass of wine, but that doesn't change the fact that the effects of marijuana intoxication aren't near as bad as alcohol. A few puffs will get your average stoner high for a few hours, and they are not likely to go back for more for at least a few hours. Your average drinker is more likely to want another glass after they've had just one, or however many it takes to get a little buzz. So, the fact that a small amount of marijuana is stronger than a small amount of alcohol is a good thing. Since you can get the desired effect from just a small amount of marijuana, you're a lot less likely to abuse it; compared to alcohol, which requires more abuse to get the desired effect. And of course, once you do reach that point of desired effect, the effects of alcohol are a lot more dangerous than the effects of marijuana.
I had beef in mushroom & white wine sauce for my dinner. I guess I better be careful not to be a raging drunk by the end of the night

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote