Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #534 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

I don't mean to split hairs, but nobody has a "bad trip" using marijuana. That's more a term associated with using LCD. However, yes, there aren't only positive experiences with marijuana. However, curiosity and suspicion based on 70 plus years of United States propaganda lead me to question how many of these "psychotic breakdowns" are really related to cannabis, and how many are the product of suggestion where it was simply blamed for an underlying psychological disorder.

I believe we most likely disagree fundamentally on our stances and individual takes on drug use and what it constitutes. I not only believe they should be legal, I actually believe that everyone should experiment with altering their mind in some way. So I don't see it as the lesser of two evils, I actually see it as a step toward progress in the way we develop both as a species and as individuals. Experiencing different states of altered mind and body offers much in the way of perspective and general outlook on life. My opinion may not be shared by many and it doesn't take into consideration the dangers associated with any kind of drug use. I guess what I'd like to see is a free society where these things can be experimented with without shame, fear of legal repercussion or pressure to use them in a dangerous way. Basically, where drug experimentation is safer.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote