Music Banter - View Single Post - Trivial Predictable Question Yet Beneficial - Your Favourite Song...Like....EVER
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I have many favourites, but one of the songs that have stayed with me the longest - and which is currently nr. 9 on my last.fm's most played songs - is Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here which is the title track from the 1975 studio album.

In case there's someone in the universe who don't know it, it's a song for Syd Barrett who had a mental breakdown and left the band. The start of the song is supposed to be like someone listening to a song on the radio and playing along.

Beautiful, powerful .. and easy to play on a guitar I played this a lot when I was learning.
I managed to do a speech at my lovers funeral and I ended with " and in the words of my favourite band 'How I Wish You Were Here' my love."

The really odd thing here is that a song that means so much to someone can seem inconsequential in the context of this thread as we all have different perspectives on life.

What is emotional and lyrically pertinent to one person is inconsequential to another person depending on their circumstances.

This will do for me though.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote