Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #813 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
The march from the Marriage of Figaro is alright but I think Mozart did better ones. And from that opera the overture is very famous and the finale to the work is a nice dramatic interweaving of voices and tempi.

I've always like On The Wings of Love by Jeffrey Osborne, it was a hit in Britain at the time. Stay With Me Tonight is good too, though a dance track and not a romantic ballad.

With All About Eve I've liked their famous track for a while, and more recently I discovered Lady Moonlight. Those are the 2 that made a big impression on me. Apparently the performance of Martha's Harbour was messed up on Top of the Pops as she couldn't hear the music, but they had her on the next week to do it properly. Don't think I've heard their last two albums.
Absolutely the March is not great, but then that's the nature of Random Track of the Day: I have to take whatever comes out. I'm not a huge Mozart fan (my sister is) but even I know that would not be something chosen to showcase the guy. It's just the luck of the draw.

I don't actually know any other Jeffrey Osborne: the worm just needed some artiste beginning with O that wasn't Oasis!

I've spoken at length about AAE; all I have to say is first album great, second album bad, after that I lost interest, which is a pity. Maybe they made better albums, but S&OS bugged me so much that I wasn't prepared to check them out. Yes, I heard the story too: bloody TOTP!

Thanks for commenting!

TH