Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #603 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's actually kind of an odd comment when I think about it. I mean isn't doesn't the very nature of a debate involve people defending their positions? I'm certainly not forcing anyone to do anything, nor is there some strategy to "tire you out" at work on my end when I disagree with you about something.
In an ongoing debate with the same people on a forum where it's possible to go back and read posts, it shouldn't be necessary to make the same points over and over again as long as they're somewhat understandably articulated the first time.

To respond to large posts in a least effort way by not acknowledging any of the points made, but just taking easy one-liner stabs and comments in a way that makes the opposition have to articulate any point over and over again is a pretty common way of trying to lead discussions on the net, usually by frustrating or tiring out the opposition who ends up having to do all the work. Perhaps I was wrong, but it looked to me like that was what you were doing.