Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #817 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Here are a few random tracks I really like, and think perhaps you may like too. All decisions are final, no refunds given. Terms and conditions do not apply...

I've always liked this song, though for some reason I always thought the band were Irish. Not so: they're from Australia. Now how could I have made that mistake? Moving pictures is the band in question, think this was their only hit.
What about me (Moving Pictures) from “Days of innocence” on Epic

A band who are Irish, this is the Adventures, from their third album, and the only song (to my knowledge) on which Lloyd Cole collaborated. Love this one.
Desert rose (The Adventures) from “Trading secrets with the moon” on Elektra

I love the sense of, for once, male empowerment and the honesty in this song, from Steve Earle.
I thought you should know (Steve Earle) from “The revolution starts now” on Esquared

Track now from the Eagles, before they got all West Coast cool, and knew how to write a really good country song...
Bitter Creek (The Eagles) from “Desperado” on Asylum

And speaking of the Eagles, epitomising the other side of the band, I've nevertheless always loved this one from Glenn Frey, from his solo work.
Part of me, part of you (Glenn Frey) from “The solo collection” on MCA

One of my all-time favourite bands, this is Marillion, from indeed an album which was one of the first I ever reviewed in this journal.
Wrapped up in time (Marillion) from “Happiness is the road, Volume I: “Essence” on Intact

One of Bowie's lesser-known hits, I've liked this since I discovered, way back when we had singles, that it was on the B-side of “Life on Mars”.
The man who sold the world (David Bowie) from “The man who sold the world” on Mercury

Another of my favourite bands, this is Shadow Gallery, with a lovely little track from the album “Carved in stone”.
Alaska (Shadow Gallery) from “Carved in stone” on Magna Carta

Powerful and moving track from Suzanne Vega's debut album.
The queen and the soldier (Suzanne Vega) from “Suzanne Vega” on A&M

Always loved this one from Gallagher and Lyle. Just reminds me of holidays. Not surprisingly, as it was once used in a TV ad for one of our (now defunct) travel agents.
Breakaway (Gallagher and Lyle) from “Breakaway” on A&M

And to wrap things up this time round, here's Threshold, from the album “Hypothetical”, with a really nice little ballad.
Keep my head (Threshold) from “Hypothetical” on InsideOut