Music Banter - View Single Post - My Lo-Fi Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

The first impression are the most lasting, so I felt I had to come up with a song that make a good introduction to the music I like. That I could branch off of and would tie in some of the different things I like. I had a few in mindI wanted to start off my journal, but they got bumped back when I came across this one. I felt this song would be a good way to start off this journal. First thing I love about this video is the fact it starts with three seconds of silence before the song beginning, it's a moment of anticipation wondering what to expect. In a way it starts with a question "What are they going to play? " "What are they going to sound like?" And they answers it with a really decent 3 minutes song. To me it has different elements, it's not borrowing from just one, it has different lines of influences and manages to blend them together. In a way that is true of every song. Any group has a wide range of influences some more prevalent than others. Besides modern alternative there a things reminiscent of the past. How they dress coincides with that, the bass player has a 60's look about her, the drummer's maybe 70's and the guitar player is definitely looks like she just step out of the 80's. I don't know if they plan it that way maybe it is an accidental coincidence.

Cassie Ramone is on guitar and lead vocal, Katy Goodman is on bass and also share vocals, Fiona Campbell on drums. In this video Cassie plays a white Telecaster, she strums chords at steady tempo on top of her playing are the driving force of the song the bass and drums. Katy plays a violin shape bass modeled after the Hofner Bass (often called The Beatle Bass). For this video Fiona is playing kit that's pared down only a snare, floor tom and bass drum but she makes most out of it and comes up with a really great drum beat.

The video is very well done. Besides how they dress and what they play another thing to notice (though it obvious though) it starts off in a dingy room the windows are covers and it appears as if they playing at night, and after the chorus the sun starts to appears, and towards the end of video the light becomes brighter and brighter until the whole room is inundated with light.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote