Music Banter - View Single Post - Rise Against
Thread: Rise Against
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #215 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Wut.

As for the rest of your post, I could not pinpoint exactly what you were trying to say but it sounded like you don't think Rise Against are a political band (mixed in with your generic rant against Republicans that I partially agree with but have heard a million times before). Rise Against are absolutely a political band, and just because more of their songs concern social issues, that doesn't make them any less preachy. They were involved with Punkvoter and Rock Against Bush, they consistently bring their politics and statistics into their stage banter, and pen songs about animal rights, child labour, and blind patriotism, among others.
I had to edit this. Sorry. You are from Canada! So, ignore the U.K. references I called that way wrong!

You couldn't pinpoint it? I thought I made it fairly obvious

It was a rant, but, a generic rant? Give me a little credit for the humor at least, come on?

Stage banter and involvement in political-based events does not involve the lyrics to the music. And, what is the problem with standing up, and, expressing concerns about issues that need addressed? There are huge problems with the exploitation of child labour, and, blind patriotism is a problem. Everyone should wake up, and, take a stand against the current system of elitist corporate global fascists, who are oppressing the entire world. Why would you sit back and watch, if you were in any position to possibly have your voice heard.

They are not the problem. People like you are, but, don't be offended. I am not insulting you personally. Apathetic, well-controlled slaves to the powers that be, who couldn't care less about anything, but, how much sh*t they have, or can buy. I assume since you spell it labour, that you might be from the U.K., correct me if I am wrong. How do Londoners feel about being filmed an average of 6000 times per day?

I read that statistic several years ago, so, I am basing that on what I've read. It could be more or less, but, even if it were but a thousand, does that not bother you? That little country still carries a big stick of influence even on this big, fat harlot daughter of a whore. A little walk down Wall Street will demonstrate the influence. Union Jacks waving on building after building. And, they are not even kept as ignorant as the blind, patriotic hill jacks in this country, who can only count to 24, because, that's a case of beer.

But, beer makes you smart you know. Yep. They made Budweiser It that's not funny, then, I quit. But, it is not dry humor, so, it might not get a grin from those across the Atlantic. I am a bit off-topic, but, just for the record; Russel Brand is not funny at all. Monty Python had their moments.

Rise Against does not have many political songs. You need to read Tim's lyrics. They are chalk-full of dark, spiritual symbolism. Very dark. He does not even realize how he is sending messages that clearly spell spiritual darkness, and, also suggests a near hopeless situation, that must be screaming from his subconscious. Nearly every song contains at least a stanza or two concerning a troubled soul, or a world in deep trouble.

And, they are not alone. You just don't see it, because, you are not meant to probably. It is a constant theme in music today. AFI, Thrice, The Lawrence Arms, Alkaline Trio, Brand New. I scrolled down my list, and, picked out a few, but, it's everywhere.

Find me a song that does not contain at least one reference to something concerning religion, or a spiritual connotation, implicit or symbolic. Post the lyrics, and, let me see it. I will be surprised if you can find one. Here's one that you would probably say does not. It is one of my favorites as well.

Not the greatest quality, but, it throws the lyrics out there to see.

California is just a symbol. The world is a tumbling empire.

'Can't you see the end is coming soon'?

And, he is right. Music is the only thing that's real or true. The world is in pain, and, we can't fix it. We can't even communicate with each other without arguing. Everyone knows everything, but, no one cares to even consider the fact that we are drowning in our own feces. Because, everyone is only concerned with 'making their petty fortunes'.

He's warning you. It'll buy you sh*t, but, not a life. We are all confined to pull-out quotes, and our own little hotel rooms. He is screaming bloody murder, but, no one listens. A lot of them are.

And, there is nothing wrong with wanting to try to fix things. If we all gave a sh*t, maybe things could be fixed. It'll never happen. Everyone is fast asleep, and, cannot hear all of the alarm clocks. And, they are all ringing quite loud. Maybe it is not meant to be fixed. That is what concerns me.

I don't want a debate. I would like to see a song, and, the lyrics. A purely political song, with no symbolic references. I'll show you how it might. You can't use 'Hero of War'. I found that one. Sorry

Is this a generic rant? I actually would prefer to be generic. I don't want to be a 'name brand'. I would love to be able to change my user name to 'blank'. If it is possible, tell me how to do it, please?

blank

Last edited by blankety blank; 02-05-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: editing
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote