Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #283 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
As far as I know, the empire never invaded Skyrim. Skyrim sided with/became part of the Empire peacefully.

>> Source

Talos was the man Tiber Septim who founded the empire. He's supposed to be the greatest human hero there ever was and - as its founder - is obviously revered by the empire at the time of Skyrim (the game), just not as a deity. Prohibiting Talos worship is part of a peace treaty between the empire and the Aldmeri Dominion.

Yeah but why? What's the Thalmor's angle? Why are they afraid of Talos? Seems like a propaganda move to get the Empire under their control without a fight.

If I had complete free control, I'd rather take control of the Empire, change the position of Jarl to general of province militia, declare full on warfare with the Aldmeri Dominion and leave the people of Skyrim to worship whatever the hell they want as long as they fight against the Thalmor and follow my laws. Which is basically kill mudcrabs and wear kneecaps.

Quote:
I thought Cyrodiil was depressingly small (it's like one valley/crater with one big town in the center) and Skyrim to be larger. I believe the size of the game world is actually similar for Oblivion and Skyrim, but Skyrim feels larger to me, perhaps because it has more "nooks and crannies" or how you spell it
Maybe I haven't explored the whole Skyrim map yet then...I think it's probably because of the Oblivion planes.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote