Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #1114 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Cheers for the reply, man. I managed to get onto the site but when I run the installer I just get an outline with an empty box. Don't worry about explaining the registry I think I'll leave it because I've at least got a bit of basic surfing for now, don't wanna mess with that so I'll give it to the friend of the friend on Tuesday.

I tried running "speedmax pc" earlier to try and clear up some malware, but as soon as it finished scanning it was asking me to pay money and register same as my anti virus software. Someone has managed to screw my laptop over pretty well heh

I couldn't get malwarebytes running but if anyone else is having problems I downloaded these programs to sort out my laptop and it's running ok for now

Free Windows Registry Repair
Rising PC Doctor (Trojan killer)
Comodo (firewall)
Super Anti-spyware freeware
CC cleaner (unneccessary file cleanup)

And 1 more that I'm not gonna tell you in case someone is using this to figure out a way to **** me over again!

Those are all freeware and do what it says on the label. Some of them can be upgraded but will work fine free. I went through a lot of programs which claim to be free and then ask money to fix things like Regclean Pro etc before I found these.

Thanks for reccomending looking at fixing the registry Freebase that saved me some weed money!

Tried malwarebytes and avast in normal bootup and they installed, barring another blue screen that's actually my laptop saved from critical state, ****ing awesome \m/

Last edited by crukster; 02-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote