Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Or buy two better non-Gibson guitars for the same price.

@Peppermint - not sure why your links don't work for anyone outside your region but it's not a huge deal. Personally I'd go for the Burns over the Ric.

Since you seem to like vintage instruments have you ever checked out Eastwood guitars? They specialize in selling authentic replicas built with modern quality. I've never actually had the chance to try them myself but they seem to have a decent enough reputation - Welcome to Eastwood® Guitars.com
I have a eastwood classic 6. I really like the neck on it and it is really smooth and thin but it has horrid fret buzz that doesn't seem to want to go away, I don't really care about the fret buzz though really so it is not a big deal for me. There are also some minor cosmetic problems like built up varnish on corners of the F holes and on some parts of the binding around the body. If you can find a dealer of their guitars around it may be a much better idea than buying online since you can try them out without worrying about shipping problems if you decide you do not like it. Unfortunately for me my guitar experience was very limited at the time of buying my guitar so I had not much of an idea that there was some issues with it. I did get it for a really good deal though still so I am not complaining.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote