Music Banter - View Single Post - The Quiet Man in the Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #101 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

I'm not sure that I listen to music to relax, I want to engage with it. Maybe it would be better sometimes to just relax, but I think some people can just like music just as background which I think goes against the purpose of most of the best music. Good music deserves some concentration, but as with anything it takes practice I think. Similarly it can take time to get into a genre, but some patience is needed. Most people are definitely more used to the 3/4 minute song as well, so something longer than that takes some getting used to. And most of us are very busy in this time as well with lots of different things we can engage in.

I'm the oppposite as far as my likes. If I really like something I think it's rare that I go off it. Yet I also have a desire to hear new things all the time as well. The problem now is that because I find new things I like all the time I never really get to obsess over them and enjoy them to the fullest like I probably did in the past. But I suppose that some time in the future I will have the time to do that.