Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead: Greatest Guitarist Of Our/All Time?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOfOddz View Post
Ive recently started getting into this eccentric guy and am extremely excited about him. His technique is absolutely fantastic and of those videos i have seen of him he barely ever messes up. Some criticize him for being robotic or emotionless, i completely disagree as his music puts me through so many different moods.
Give him a listen
I've known about Buckethead for around 5 years now because a friend unfortunately loves his music. I agree with you that Buckethead's technique is fantastic, but I hate the style of music he plays. It usually sounds frenetic or overly-slow, with songs sometimes meandering aimlessly and at other times being much too repetitive. Overall his music sounds pointless to me. The only mood it puts me in is irritated.

At best, he kind of creeps me out, so that's something positive, I suppose. I'll try listening again to one of his songs from start to finish, but I find them so boring and devoid of what I value in music that I don't know if I'll be able to unless someone pays me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
I'd give the nod on 'our' time, he definitely embodies a substantial amount of what it is to be a celebrated musician. I especially like how he's created a recognizable persona independent of his own individuality without needing to resort to gimmicky shocks to maintain public awareness. I'm not a huge / well versed fan but I've enjoyed his work with Praxis as well as any clip I've seen of him performing with Les Claypool.

Phhhbt. Like a bucket on your head isn't a gimmicky method??? Phhhbt. I hate his stupid bucket.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 02-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote