Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #11086 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

This is a documentary on The Rock-afire Explosion, an animatronic band that experienced great success in the 1980s before being bought out and removed from Showbiz Pizza restaurants by Chuck E. Cheese.

It was also a big part of my childhood, because while the company was going bankrupt, they were selling the sets to other restaurants. In my area as a child, there were three to five that I know of, all called "Billy Bob's Pizza Wonderland". I was always scared ****less of Beach Bear.

From this documentary, I learned that in spite of my conviction that it was a local thing (Mitzi the mouse appeared to be wearing a Marshall cheerleading uniform, for ****'s sake!) it actually started in Florida and used to be a big deal.

There is still one Billy Bob's in my area, about 25 minutes away in Barboursville, WV, and my friends and I are heading down there to rediscover our childhood quite soon.

I absolutely loved the documentary. Aaron Schecter, then man who created the Rock-afire, honestly seems like a very nice man, and I feel awful for him that his big dream crashed and burned.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote