Music Banter - View Single Post - My Lo-Fi Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Trollheart,

I lend out about a half dozen Genesis CDs that never returned, we would had gotten along great as friends - you know provide we lived in the same country.

I like Dan Fogelberg. I have his greatest hits but I really didn't get into collecting his studio albums. The one song of his which grew on me which I heard constantly was Leader of the Band. Usually when people hear a song over and over it wears thin on them but the more I heard that song the more I liked it. I remember finding that song listed in the contents in a tab book - I felt like I won the lottery. I practice that song for hours trying to get it just right. I think the time I put into that song, is about the same time some people would use to hear quite a few albums. I'm not always into hearing albums in their entirety and I don't always feel the need to collect the whole catalogues. I feel that is the difference between album collectors and my approach to acquiring music - I get hooked on a song almost to the point of an obsession, so a copy of a song is just fine and generally they're one I like to learn on guitar, while their (the collectors') goal is to collect the whole catalogue of their favourite artist/bands.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 02-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote