Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead: Greatest Guitarist Of Our/All Time?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatesphanboi View Post
What other bands has this bucket-dude tried out for?

I heard he was in Guns and Roses for a stint too... I find it hard to believe that Axl shared the stage with some guy with a bucket on his head, but then again Slash always wore a top hat!
Buckethead is the main guitarist on Chinese Democracy. The only reason I checked out/enjoyed that album. As for performing it live, Bumblefoot is doing a fairly good job at playing BH's licks.

Here's about the Ozzy try-out:

Quote:
In an interview with Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne stated that he had offered to have Buckethead play guitar in his band at Ozzfest. Ozzy quickly changed his mind after meeting with him, and realizing that Buckethead would not remove his costume to be accepted by Ozzy, said:

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me, but only if he got rid of the ****ing bucket. So I came back a bit later, and he's wearing this green ****ing Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself.' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum, then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing ****ing mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a mother****er."[26]
Ozzy Osbourne, Revolver.
About the RHCP:

Quote:
According to Anthony Kiedis' autobiography, Scar Tissue, Buckethead once auditioned to play guitar for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, shortly after John Frusciante left the band, without having heard any of their songs. The band's bassist Flea noted that:

When he finished, the band applauded raucously. He was "sweet and normal", but they wanted someone "...who could also kick a groove."
===========================

I don't know which other groups he's auditioned for and been turned away from, but here's a list of bands he's been involved with, from his FAQ:

Quote:
23) What bands or artists has Buckethead recorded/performed with?
This ever increasing list includes Deli Creeps, Henry Kaiser, Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Praxis, Herbie, Jonas Hellborg, Michael Shrieve, MCM and the Monster, Tony Williams (w/ Arcana), Giant Robot, Giant Robot 2 (aka GR2), Parliament-Funkadelic, Primus, Zillatron, Death Cube K, Painkiller, John Zorn, Company Week '91, Anton Fier, Julian Schnabel, Invisibl Skratch Piklz, Buckshot LeFonque, Bill Moseley, Michael Kamen, George S. Clinton, Pieces (Buckethead and Brain), Cobra Strike, Viggo Mortensen, El Stew, Ben Wa, Mike Keneally, Iggy Pop, Banyan, phonosychographDISK, DJ QBERT, William Ackerman, Jon Hassell and Bluescreen, Wingnut, DJ Kilmore (Incubus), Moonraker (w/ Mike Patton & DJ Flare), Guns N’ Roses, Colonel Claypool’s Bucket of Bernie’s Brains, Cajun Fried Recipe (w/Rob Wasserman, Mike Clark, Ben Ellman, Brian Jordan, & DJ LOGIC)...
Check this FAQ out, it's informative and funny at times:
FAQ 2.0

Quote:
21) What graverobbing equipment does Buckethead use?
Shovels and picks: Ames Kodiak label round point with custom engraved 48" wooden D handle – size 2, antique ditchmaster – rusted over label, heavyweight pick/mattock combo american hickory handle with cushion-grip.

Bags and wrapping: custom burlap sack, U-line 55 gallon round bottom drum liners, Kraft 36" white butcher paper.

Other: rusty oil drum, various aprons, Giant Robot dolls (various sizes and makes), Fun 4 All Corp. "talking" Michael Meyers doll with custom mask, vintage 1969 KFC bucket.
Disclaimer: Bucketheadland does not condone graverobbing outside of the Bucketheadland Cemetery.
LOL

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote