Music Banter - View Single Post - 10's or a 15's inch speakers cabinet?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by James84 View Post
Hey there,

I am hosting my first live show next month. Indoor, and small venue (200 people). We need some PA hire and AV hire. any recommendations? what speakers will you use? Any other tips will be deeply appreciated

Cheers
What sort of show? How many performers? How extensive are technical requirements of the performers? Are there going to be full bands or just singers? If there are full bands how many mics will you need? What is the actual physical size of the venue? When is the last time anyone hosted something like this in your area? If possible, get in contact with the last person who organized something like this.

Really though this is what you should do to start - go to your local music store, explain your show to them (with most of the specifics I ask about above) and then consider the rental offers they provide to you. They're not going to try scamming you either, since helping you make a good show will in turn help them with future business when you rent another PA for the next event.

DO NOT invest in the purchase of an actual PA system until you've done a few shows and know that it's a viable business move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote