Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #93 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I just heard that singer Whitney Houston died today at age 48:

Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 - CBS News

I actually had no idea that she was using drugs, which I assume must have taken a toll on her body, not just her career:

Quote:
By the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime.

"The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy," Houston told ABC's Diane Sawyer in an infamous 2002 interview with then-husband Brown by her side.
That's very sad...to be one's own worst enemy. I'm sorry she had to deal with that.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 02-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote