Music Banter - View Single Post - Skrillex:Yay, or Nay?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelenting View Post
I have never seem him release that song that copies DJ Shadow, though. Honestly, I have doubts it was actually his and not some fan who took a bass drop and threw it in
I downloaded his discography and it was the third song I heard.

Whats worse is that Diplo is involved. I thought better of Diplo before this.

Edit: Although the version I had didn't have anything over Organ Donor. This version, at least, towards the END of the sample, starts remixing it, before dropping the DJ Shadow track and doing it's own thing. I just don't understand why they can't credit Shadow. Other artists sample and credit, example:

Bassnectar's newest album has a track called Gogol Bordello - Immigraniada [Bassnectar remix]. Because it's a Gogol Bordello song, remixed by Bassnectar. Additionally, Bassnectar doesn't just play the Gogol Bordello song, pause it, play some wobbles and breaks, and then hit play on Gogol again, and so on, he ACTUALLY remixed it.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Amplifire tune if it wasn't for the blatant, misleading nature. Why wasn't it called "DJ Shadow - Organ Donor (Skrillex and Diplo remix)? But then again, it wasn't a remix, really. They just shoved a minute+ worth of DJ Shadow's song into the beginning of their song and called it theirs.

Last edited by Mrd00d; 02-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote