Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #114 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
The answer is obviously yes. Don't believe so? Watch:

Police pepper spraying and arresting students at UC Davis - YouTube
Yeah, that's the one I was referring to. I had a field day, no week, arguing with folks when this happened. I'm not gung-ho for the Occupiers in every case, but these students were doing it correctly, and they got messed over. If anyone wants, I can explain (for the umpteenth time, though first time on MB) why this was completely uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
UC Davis police spraying protesters sitting in a circle on the grass with bear mace/pepperspray repeatedly, from the Occupy Davis protest this last fall. That's where I went to college, and if I was still there, I would certainly have been with them and gotten maced. Made me so mad. And then the reaction of some of the public was "They deserved it". For what? Sitting, making a peaceful protest? "They were blocking people's path" No they weren't, they were sitting on the quad. I went there, I know the place. It's a huge one block by one block grass field with a walkway down the middle. There's so much room to go around that that argument falls flat in an instant if you know the place. "They shouldn't have been protesting." Ok STFU, you're ignorant. Sorry, reliving old arguments.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote