Music Banter - View Single Post - Prop 8 Ruled Unconstitutional
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
What is wrong about that? Why do you get to dictate what's wrong and what's right? You say it's natural, but why the **** do you get to say anything about it? I will reiterate, something between two consenting adults (or four-50 if they're into that thing) is NOT MORALLY WRONG. They're not hurting anybody, except your poor lily white sensibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
You can attack gays though and call them "wrong" even though it's quite natural, yet I'm attacking you? Do you know we have gay people here even on musicbanter?? Maybe they feel attacked by your unfounded ideas about how they are immoral. You still aren't answering me though, do you need me to make it clearer?
And thanks for saying that - I can say that I know AT LEAST ONE gay person who has decided against making a personal contribution to this thread because they felt too intimidated against the response they would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
It is that you love the SAME SEX. You should not love the same sex. You should love the opposite sex.
Can I just add that reasons for this are either religious (why those makes no sense I've already explained) or "gut feeling", which really aren't even remotely acceptable grounds to impose your will upon another person.

If you give us a reason why you think there's a clear cut, moral reason why being gay is wrong, then that's fine.

But I have yet to see one of those, and neither have I been convinced in any way by your arguments: no offense, but I've seen a lot of "this is WRONG", but very little explanation as to why exactly there are plausible moral objections to homosexuality.