Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #9533 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Well don't be to jealous, independence has its definite perks. The main thing that sucks about having your parents do a lot for you that doesn't really get recognized is as much as it should is that they're warped perceptions and expectations of you begin to have more weight and influence on you than is healthy.

Like for example. In high school my parents made me take IB courses in chem and physics. I told them that I would rather take english and social IB but they went on about how I am a math thinker and all this nonsense. But since my parents where doing everything for me at the time I was hardly in a position to argue with them. Being babied makes you forget that other people can't know you well enough that they should not be making decisions for you. Which causes a lot of tensions! Like I almost wasn't accepted into university because I nearly failed physics and chemistry. Luckily I managed to get top marks in (who would have thought) English and Social and I was able to be admitted despite not making minimum average.

PS what I find really baffling was how I once had a conversation with my dad about how he is an artistic thinker (he can't think at all let alone think artistically) and how I am the opposite... AS I WAS PAINTING. I swear my parents just want to believe what ever they want to contrary to any evidence of anything.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote