Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #889 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Hi everyone and welcome to Valentine's Day on the Playlist of Life! Not being much of a romantic at heart (and happy to get a well-earned break), Trollheart finally gave in to my constantly bugging him to allow me to take over the journal for this most romantic day, and so here I am with my favourite hundred love songs for you to enjoy.

Obviously, that's a lot of songs, so I'll be posting them over the course of the day in four sections of twenty-five each. Some you'll know, some you won't, but hopefully some or indeed all of them will put you in the mood for “lurv” tonight! Some may have been featured before by Trollheart, maybe in his “Tunnel of Love”, or as part of album reviews, or other sections, but these are my hundred favourite love songs, so apologies if any are repeated. Believe me, they're all good enough to bear hearing twice!

Part One

Starting off with one of my all-time favourites, this is John Paul Young, with “Love is in the air”.

Classic from 10cc now, this is “I'm not in love”.

Nice one from Hot Chocolate, it's called “I'll put you together again”.

Very appropriate song from the Boss, this is from “Tunnel of love” (also very apt!) and it's called “Valentine's Day”.

Love this one from the Cutting Crew, it's “I've been in love before”.

Love the imagery in this one from Oleta Adams...

One of Troll's favourites, this is, and I have to say one of mine too. It's Sarah McLachlan, with the lovely “Angel”.

Great classic from Journey, this is “Who's crying now?”

One from the late Laura Branigan, this is “Ti amo” (means “I love you”, in case your Spanish isn't up to scratch!)

Whatever happened to Terence Trent D'Arby? Here he is, with “Sign your name”.

Nice one from Foreigner, this is “Waiting for a girl like you”.

Jim Steinman can always be relied upon to write a powerful love song. Here's one he wrote for Air Supply, called “Making love out of nothing at all”.

Nice song from the Pointer Sisters now, this is “Slow hand”.

Bread have had some great ballads, but this is from David Gates solo, a great song called “Goodbye girl”.

And here he is with Bread, with their classic “If”.

This is Debbie Gibson now, great song from her called “Lost in your eyes”.

Lovely song from Toto, from the album “IV” this is “I won't hold you back”.

The stunningly powerful and sexy voice of Sam Brown, with “I'll be in love”.

Popular theme from that movie, it's still a great song from Wet Wet Wet...

Could have chosen several from Ms. Estefan, but I really like this one.

Late of supergroup ABBA, this is Agnetha Faltskog, with “If you need somebody tonight”.

Another appropriately-titled song, this is Ten, with the greatest love song no-one knows, “Valentine”.

There are many ballads I could have chosen from a-ha too, but this one seems a good choice. This is “You'll never get over me”.

And a great song from Amy Grant, “Saved by love”.

And to finish this first section of my hundred favourite love songs, this is Bad English, with “When I see you smile”. See you later for part two!