Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #890 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Part Two

Getting us underway for the second part, here's Bob Seger, with “Always in my heart”.

And how about some Bon Jovi?

Keeping it (vaguely) rocky, here's Bryan Adams...

From an album reviewed by Trollheart recently, this is Carole King, with “Someone who believes in you”.

Classic from Chicago, this is “You're the inspiration”.

And a great song from the Climax Blues Band, this is simply titled “I love you”.

Gorgeous song from the late Dan Fogelberg, this is called “Sketches”.

One of Bowie's best ballads, often a little overlooked, it's “Wild is the wind”.

Track from Don Henley's “End of the innocence” album, hopefully, for those of you who have yet to find that special someone, this may indeed be “The last worthless evening”.

What's Valentine's Day without something from Dr. Hook?

And Elkie Brooks can certainly sing, can't she? This is “Our love”.

A classic that always pops up at this time of year, it's England Dan and John Ford Coley, with their timeless hit “I'd really love to see you”.

And if you want to talk classics...

… and...

Some of my own personal favourites from my youth now. This is Joe Esposito, with “Lady lady lady”.

And Kenny Rogers' wonderful “She believes in me”.

Nice one from Faith Hill, this is “Breathe”

Delicate, fragile and sweet, it's Fleetwood Mac with Christine McVie on vocals and piano, the lovely “Songbird”.

George Michael has had a nice few ballads in his time. This is my favourite of those --- well, one of them anyway. It's “Kissing a fool”.

Nice song from Glenn Frey, this is “True love”.

Powerful and emotional performance from the Big Man, Joe Cocker sings “When a woman cries”.

The late, lamented, incomparable John Martyn, with “Please fall in love with me”.

There have been many cover versions of “You raise me up”, but I've always agreed with Troll that Josh Groban's is the best.

Although we know Judie Tzuke is much more than this one hit song, it seems the most appropriate to a selection like this, so here is her most well-known work, “Stay with me till dawn”.

And to bring part two to a close, here's the sexy Kylie, with the equally sexy and sensual “Slow”. See you a bit later for part three. Bye for now.