Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #119 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS View Post
Cops are organized crime. There are exceptions, I respect an honest officer, but they tend to just be rare exceptions. What you get instead is an army of formerly bullied dweebs with insane insecurity issue's that choose this career path because of the need for the authority. That imaginary badge that gives them the right to ruin your existence by carting someone off to the cage to live with rabid, dangerous animals is all that gives them that feeling of false respect.

There's a myriad of reasons for this and I don't feel like posting them.

But, this is a yes list of common realities -

Yes, they do target and profile minorities.
Yes, they do overstep their boundaries and authorized power.
Yes, they do arrest harmless drug users to make quota.
Yes, they do beat down and taze people for no purpose.
Yes, they do profit from illegal means on the side.
Yes, they are NOT impartial in a police state.

Add to the legal system which doesn't work hardly at all and a mountain of corrupted, outdated and idiotic laws that they stil bolster up... How can anyone like the police and not have some agenda?

Pfft.
That's quite the post. I disagree with about all of it, but I'm going to limit my response to a few things. I underlined what I'm responding to in order to make this clearer for all,

In regards to my first underline; you both acknowledge that police do have to arrest and deal with people you label "rabid, dangerous animals" while simultaneously denouncing their ability to imprison.

Further, I'd point out that police do not have the ability to detain people indefinitely nor to issue sentences.

In regards to the second underlined point; drug users are violating the law, as such they should be arrested. If you've issue with the law itself, fine, but that's a different point entirely because police are charged with enforcing the law.

Anyways, I like the police; they keep drunks off the road, bust drug dealers, and apprehend thieving bastards. I approve of all these activities.