Music Banter - View Single Post - My Lo-Fi Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Then there were the record shops. We had one here in Dublin (still exists) where they played only rock and metal. You could go there and hang out for the day, listening to the best music around ...If you were interested in something, you could ask the guy what the band was like and he would put the album on for you, or else honestly tell you they were not great, why not try this one instead, and spin it?

TH
Trollheart,

A few years back I found a used record shop. Unlike some CD stores which are mostly identical, it definitely had atmosphere of its own it. I got to know the own and he was more approachable and knowledgeable than someone you would meet in a music store or anywhere else. I was talking to him about bands with similar names and I brought up Smith and The Smiths (I'm not the greatest conversationalist) I asked him how where they as a band and he said they were pretty good. I didn't buy their cd at the time I kinda miss an opportunity there. But I also miss him and the shop too. Fast-forward to present time looking around songs on youtube I came across them and I was impress with them.

[/QUOTE]

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 10-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote