Music Banter - View Single Post - Jandek
Thread: Jandek
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I've only recently gotten into Jandek, but he has definitely left a strong impact upon my life, music taste, and my disposition since he has become an artist that I regularly fall back upon. My favourite albums are Blues Corpse (of course), Ready for the House (another obvious choice), Foreign Keys, Chair Beside the Window, Graven Image, I Threw You Away, and Interstellar Discussion. I need to have a talk with my mother, for I feel that his music strikes so deeply to my heart and that my guitar style resembles a barren Jandek so vivdly, that I feel I may be this man's bastard child.

Anyways, I recently found Put My Dream On This Planet in my journey (that is hindered from experience and lengthened to a journey due to lack of appropriations) to ascertain the entirety of Jandek's discography from start to finish. I believe that it may be his most challenging piece--apart from the early period and post I Threw You Away period--and at the same time, this composition strikes me as the most rewarding of Jandek's lugubrious albums.

This man has changed my life, even if it is through acting as my foil for I am generally not depressed, and his influence upon my music taste has been quite significant.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote