Music Banter - View Single Post - Fashion Police Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
\Given up on everything? Probably would have committed suicide then, ay? More like given up on givin a F*ck about what others think. I learned a long time ago not to care what other people think about you and especially your clothes. Just be yourself. Confidence in your decisions on how you want to live.
Not exactly. I like to wear nice clothes for me, because I like to look good. It's the same reason I wear fragrances. A lot of people who get into fragrances, especially guys, do it so that girls and other people will comment on them and so on. They're not really into them, they do it for the attention. Chances are they probably only wear them on dates and to clubs with the guys, routinely wearing too much and forcing everyone around to wallow in their large gaseous cloud. I, and people who are truly into fragrances, do it for themselves. I could easily wear something time tested and crowd friendly, like Acqua di Gio, something from Hugo Boss, or Curve. I don't. I'm sure many people my age probably think I smell old, but I'm okay with that. If people who wore nice clothing did it for other people, they'd be wasting a lot of time and effort. There's also the people who have a bizarre sense of fashion and probably get laughed at by the average person. They certainly aren't doing it to just look good. I'm sure there are some people that do that, absolutely, but I think people who truly care about their appearance, clothing, etc. still do even when nobody is looking.

EDIT: For anyone interested, here's a lunch of 25 impeccably dressed men (all covered by The Sartorialist). You may recognize a few faces.

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 02-17-2012 at 12:57 AM.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote