Music Banter - View Single Post - Fashion Police Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #45 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
They let that ass-hat Kanye West join them? I can't speak for the others, but anyone rubbing shoulders with Kanye gets pegged as questionable in my book. That's just me, hating Kanye West... hoping he dies immediately.

I respect your ideas of dress. I used to wear fragrances in high school, but I didn't feel any different, and I didn't get any reactions from women or anyone actually. I view fragrances as an unnecessary expense. It they were free, I might wear a smell I liked. But they're not, and I don't prefer any fragrance in particular. I don't mind those that do, because due to smoking, I can't smell worth a damn anyway so it's all lost on me. If I can smell it, they're probably wearing WAY too much

I'm also the type to loathe dressing up. When I was young and had to wear my "Sunday best" to church, I began despising dressing up. I was so glad my mom decided church wasn't woo-ing me and that she didn't want to go either, and that was that. I've only dressed up real nice about one or two times since I was 10 years old. A couple years ago my parents took me on a cruise with them and for a formal dinner I donned a grey turtleneck cotton shirt and black slacks. I looked 'good', but I didn't really like it and I was very happy to change into shorts and t-shirt again when that was over with. There were formal dinners about every night, but I opted to go to the buffet the rest of the time.

On your last note about folks that dress up strangely. I think it's fantastic. I've never worn anything to stand out, but I think it's nice to see someone breaking the mold and dressed up in a bunny suit with a mohawk or something else outlandish. The majority that dress outlandishly might do it for attention, but I do think at least some do it just because that's who they feel they are - some might be doing it for themselves after all.

I think suit and tie is the devil. I think ties should be not only considered bad fashion, but banned from the world. Except MAYBE bowties - because "bowties are cool" - The Doctor
I like dressing up nice on occassion and going out with my girl. I prefer Ralph Lauren in suits, He has a great vision for taller men and the fit is always fantastic. I like to look nice for my girl and she likes to look nice for me, but i have my days of wearing lounge gear.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote