Music Banter - View Single Post - kendrick lamar
Thread: kendrick lamar
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Wow, your extremely typical.

Your way too emotionally invested in your perception of rap artists personality. Your not judging them on their musical contributions, but a stigma you have against their lifestyle choices.
First of all, he wasn't saying that he had something against rappers "lifestyle choices", he said he didn't like listening to rap music about sex, drugs, and money, things that rappers most exaggerate to the extreme. You think all rappers live how they rap? Two words: Rick Ross.

I for one only put up with that bullshit if it has a banging beat.

Also, the rappers themselves aren't making that great of a musical contribution, though you may believe otherwise. That would be the producer, or whoever provides the backing MUSIC. Without a producer, a rapper would only be a poet, and if you judged every rapper by their lyrical content only, there are plenty that would crumble (ASAP Rocky, Waka Flocka, Lil Wayne, Lil B, Schoolboy Q, etc.).

Quote:
Of course a lot of rap music is about sex, drugs and money. A lot of media in general is.
Definitely. But I don't get your point, does that mean you have to like it?

Quote:
So what if kanye is a douchebag? Do you actually care? or are you so absorbed by media coverage that you can't differentiate your own opinion from the other generic talking heads.
Most people in the media love Kanye and got over the taylor swift incident like 3 years ago. So I'd say blastingas is doing a good job of forming his own opinion. Sometimes people form opinions of bands regardless of how they sound. I'll never like Joy Division no matter how cool the "scene" was 30 years ago unlike some people . Besides, there are millions of people who dick ride yeezy, why does it matter if a few think he's a douche (which he absolutely is)?

Quote:
At least Kanye is true to himself. You never have to question his authenticity.
Kanye thinks he's the best thing that ever happened to music, that's hardly being true to himself.

Quote:
I imagine most of the artists you perceive to be "moral", or have good values are really no different then kanye, they are just more concerned with public perception.
What exactly are you basing this on? There are very few stars who I would rate as more full of themselves than Kanye, and I can't even think of another incident like the Taylor Swift grammy moment so it seems very unlikely to me that this statement is correct.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote