Music Banter - View Single Post - Power Metal
Thread: Power Metal
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #210 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
At the moment I can't stop listenening to Angra. For anybody not familiar with Angra, they are a Brazilian power metal band whose influences are deeply rooted in the German power metal movement, so much so that their early albums were co-produced by Charlie Bauerfeind who has worked with Helloween, Blind Guardian and Rage. Now Angra are a power metal band with a difference, they really do mix up their sound with heavy neo-classical influences, touches of folk metal all combined in a really feel good factor vibe. Like Sepultura they have used traditional Brazilian music in their sound, but unlike the ferocious assault of Sepultura, they have used it in a far more upbeat and positive fashion A lot of people may be put off by some of Angra's work, because here is a band who on the face of it, sound like they were just influenced by the European power metal bands and are mirroring the sound, but in reality they have their own distinctive sound, which can take some getting used to, but when you do its very rewarding. Also I'm a big fan now of their original singer Andre Matos who sang on their early albums. Their debut album below is the band finding their feet, but still a good album and even has a surprising cover of "Wuthering Heights" The two best songs are the You-tube vids already posted above.

Angra Angels Cry 1993
Moderator cut: image removed
easily one of my fave power metal albums

that Kate Bush cover is weird, although i didn't really like its coda that much

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote