Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #18206 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Karma is for real.

Got into the TNA Impact Wrestling Event for free; some woman had extra tickets she'd won in a radio contest and just gave them to us. We didn't get in until intermission, though, but that was for the last two matches:

Garrett Bischoff v.Gunner w/ Ric Flair
James Storm v. Bubba Ray which became James Storm & Jeff Hardy v. Robert Roode & Bubba Ray.

Well, things got a little heated.

I started a "You suck!" chant for poor Garrett Bischoff...who's supposed to be a face...and it really carried. Everyone joined in. Poor guy. Then again, if the most impressive move you do in a match is a ****ING HIP TOSS and you BOTCH A ****ING DROPKICK then the chant isn't nice, but certainly isn't undeserved either.

I lost my **** when I saw Ric Flair. It was one of the weirdest, most surreal moments in my life. I knew I was going to see him, but that didn't prepare me for seeing the man I'd seen on television growing up, one of my heroes, just ten feet away from me. I also nearly lost my voice...although that would have been better than what my voice would be used for later.

I got really caught up in the Hardy/Roode/Storm/Bubba Ray match, and was offended at how bad Bubba Ray is looking. I was rooting for Robert Roode...er, I guess Bobby Roode now...because he's fantastic and I adore him...and then the Hardy love started.

It was deafening.

My friends jokingly began a "Meth Hardy" chant, getting a cheap jab in to support our heel wrestler, but it was drowned out by the crowd's love for him. A friend of mine was sitting near me and leaned over and asked why we were calling him Meth Hardy.

Over the crowd, I had to scream to explain, "He smoked a lot of meth and ruined his career."

Of course when I said that would be the exact ****ing moment the crowd got silent. So I essentially screamed, not 15 feet from the ring, an explanation about Hardy's methamphetamine addiction and what that did to his career.

I looked up, and he was looking right at me. He heard.

I lost my BlackBerry right after that. I have no idea where it went, and am going to call the venue tomorrow. I scoured the floors, climbed bleachers, and did everything I could to find it, but to no avail.

I was standing on the bleachers when I looked up into the ring, I the lone person still in the bleachers, Jeff Hardy in the ring taking pictures with fans, and he was looking right at me.

I looked behind me to see if he could be looking elsewhere, but I was the only one there. He turned around to take the picture then turned back to me. His face was completely unreadable and blank, but I knew somehow that his attention wasn't turned to me because I'd been looking for something...he knew that I was the one who said the thing about the meth.

So, long story short, I lost my BlackBerry, and Jeff Hardy is very upset with me, I'd imagine. He didn't look thrilled.

As an aside, I had to ask all of TNA's security, even EARL FREAKING HEBNER!!! if they'd seen my phone. The latter informed me that if it was a BlackBerry, it was definitely stolen, and I needed to call and cancel it immediately.

OH! I almost forgot! Amidst all of the ****tiness, I got to see Gail Kim, and she's absolutely lovely.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung

Last edited by ThePhanastasio; 02-17-2012 at 09:29 PM.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote