Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #18207 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
"Are you going to quit if something better comes along?"

I hope you answered this with, "What could possibly be better than working 10-16 hours a week at a gas station?"
Haha

My day was great. I had today off from school, so I had a chance to finish a few newspaper articles and write a bit more of my latest short story.

After the writing bout, I went to audition for a coffee house regular performer. This is one of around ten that I've auditioned for (this is Southern California, so there's two or more coffee houses on every block) and it's the first of seven that audition their regular performers. Whenever I decide to go along with these auditions, I do a (drunken) rendition of Jandek's ten minute--but when I do it, it clocks at around 14 minutes, for I tend to elaborate on the guitar passages in the tune--piece called Only Lover (look to end of post for the song). Surprisingly, this is the first place that has accepted my "application" of sorts and I'm on for about 4 hours weekly, (very) late night Saturdays and early Wednesdays and Tuesdays.

I'm quite ecstatic over the whole ordeal, and have already wrote a few tunes that I shall intersperse along with the many strange covers that I shall be revealing to the audience and/or employees of the coffee shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio
Karma is for real.

Got into the TNA Impact Wrestling Event for free; some woman had extra tickets she'd won in a radio contest and just gave them to us. We didn't get in until intermission, though, but that was for the last two matches:

Garrett Bischoff v.Gunner w/ Ric Flair
James Storm v. Bubba Ray which became James Storm & Jeff Hardy v. Robert Roode & Bubba Ray.

Well, things got a little heated.

I started a "You suck!" chant for poor Garrett Bischoff...who's supposed to be a face...and it really carried. Everyone joined in. Poor guy. Then again, if the most impressive move you do in a match is a ****ING HIP TOSS and you BOTCH A ****ING DROPKICK then the chant isn't nice, but certainly isn't undeserved either.

I lost my **** when I saw Ric Flair. It was one of the weirdest, most surreal moments in my life. I knew I was going to see him, but that didn't prepare me for seeing the man I'd seen on television growing up, one of my heroes, just ten feet away from me. I also nearly lost my voice...although that would have been better than what my voice would be used for later.

I got really caught up in the Hardy/Roode/Storm/Bubba Ray match, and was offended at how bad Bubba Ray is looking. I was rooting for Robert Roode...er, I guess Bobby Roode now...because he's fantastic and I adore him...and then the Hardy love started.

It was deafening.

My friends jokingly began a "Meth Hardy" chant, getting a cheap jab in to support our heel wrestler, but it was drowned out by the crowd's love for him. A friend of mine was sitting near me and leaned over and asked why we were calling him Meth Hardy.

Over the crowd, I had to scream to explain, "He smoked a lot of meth and ruined his career."

Of course when I said that would be the exact ****ing moment the crowd got silent. So I essentially screamed, not 15 feet from the ring, an explanation about Hardy's methamphetamine addiction and what that did to his career.

Quite the journey that you've emulated within this quoted post. At first you became a god within the TNA crowd, then you resided in self horror at your standing out to a fighter (even though he might have been hitting on you, I have not been here long enough to know your sex , but maybe I've been looking at the wrong post), and shortly thereafter you've found that there has been a (in your eyes, at least) portrayal of poetic justice in that you've lost your phone, but then you implied that you've met someone that you quite admire.
I looked up, and he was looking right at me. He heard.

I lost my BlackBerry right after that. I have no idea where it went, and am going to call the venue tomorrow. I scoured the floors, climbed bleachers, and did everything I could to find it, but to no avail.

I was standing on the bleachers when I looked up into the ring, I the lone person still in the bleachers, Jeff Hardy in the ring taking pictures with fans, and he was looking right at me.

I looked behind me to see if he could be looking elsewhere, but I was the only one there. He turned around to take the picture then turned back to me. His face was completely unreadable and blank, but I knew somehow that his attention wasn't turned to me because I'd been looking for something...he knew that I was the one who said the thing about the meth.

So, long story short, I lost my BlackBerry, and Jeff Hardy is very upset with me, I'd imagine. He didn't look thrilled.

As an aside, I had to ask all of TNA's security, even EARL FREAKING HEBNER!!! if they'd seen my phone. The latter informed me that if it was a BlackBerry, it was definitely stolen, and I needed to call and cancel it immediately.

OH! I almost forgot! Amidst all of the ****tiness, I got to see Gail Kim, and she's absolutely lovely.
Quite the journey that you've emulated within this quoted post. At first you became a god within the TNA crowd, then you resided in self horror at your standing out to a fighter (even though he might have been hitting on you, I have not been here long enough to know your sex , but maybe I've been looking at the wrong post), and shortly thereafter you've found that there has been a (in your eyes, at least) portrayal of poetic justice in that you've lost your phone, but then you implied that you've met someone that you quite admire.
Quite the journey that you've emulated within this quoted post. At first you became a god within the TNA crowd, then you resided in self horror at your standing out to a fighter (even though he might have been hitting on you, I have not been here long enough to know your sex , but maybe I've been looking at the wrong posts), and shortly thereafter you've found that there has been a (in your eyes, at least) portrayal of poetic justice in that you've lost your phone, but then you implied that you've met someone that you quite admire.

Look at the bright side of things if the negatives truly upset you! You got to go to a fight you were looking forward to, you (and your friends) started a chant, and you've met a person who you like. Objectively--when the sh!ttiness is not factored in--this looks like a brilliantly fantastic day.

Last edited by Frownland; 02-17-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Drunk and attempting to make this post make sense
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote