Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #7835 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raust View Post

I've taken this one for granted. Seriously this may be my favorite Doors album. I first got introduced to The Doors when I was in middle school. And most of of that was from pre L.A. Woman. I always blew this album out of the way claiming it was some "poor attempt at blues rock" when the frontman I knew sang about "Light Your Fire" much more psychedelic than so called blues rock which is straight forward. This is truly a masterpeace! This guy even though claiming to have taken more than 150 psychedelic trips can make one hell of a blues man. For real if he would've stuck around there music definatley would've influenced the face of rock and roll.
I seriously just came in here to post this same album, and for the same reason.

I always stuck mostly to the self-titled, Strange Days & a bit of Morrison Hotel, but after hearing L.A. Woman's title track for what seemed like the first time (I'm sure I'd listened to it before, but passively enough that its awesomeness flew under my radar), I decided to give it another go. Definitely my favourite Doors album now, and sure to become one of my favourite albums of all-time as it has that rare quality of getting better and better every time I listen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
Miles Davis - Big Fun

nearly on par with On the Corner, if i do say so myself
Hugely overlooked album IMHO, it's up there with On The Corner/Get Up With It for sure. "Dark Magus" is another underrated gem from Miles' funky era, fi you haven't checked that one out already.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote