Music Banter - View Single Post - Fashion Police Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
You really feel that strongly about ties? I definitely don't think it takes a tie for someone to be well dressed. At all. You can even wear a suit without a tie.
Yeah I feel very strongly that way about ties. And I know/am sure that some can consider you well dressed without a tie, but try working an office job or government job or some such with a suit but no tie - no go. Ties are mandatory attire for a lot of "high-class" stuff and that is what I meant and that is part of what irks me. I feel like dressing up in suit and tie is to throw away my identity and don "society's costume".

"I'm clinically bonkers and hate just about everyone God's great earth offers/I won't be getting dressed up to impress your family, dear/and if I can't wear jeans and sneakers then I won't be landing there."

-Aesop Rock

On a P.S. I used to hate jeans, and still barely put up with them. I was cargo pants/shorts or die. But when I got above size 40 back in the day I couldn't really find any that fit. I'm back to 38's but wear jeans because I've become accustomed to them and the fact that they are long-lasting. Denim is very durable. Rips don't come as often as they used to with cargos. I wore my first pair of jeans when I was ... 19.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote