Music Banter - View Single Post - "What do you listen to?"
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Is it weird that I find it weird that all you people get asked this enough to either get annoyed by the question, or have a well-performed answer?

I can't remember a scenario post high school where I actually got asked what music I listen to (outside of a general music forum like this).
In my experience, music taste of acquaintances has always sort of been realized over a long enough period of interaction and exposure, with style preference knowledge being sort of an incidental thing.

But maybe that's because I don't associate with people based on musical preferences. I'm not saying that isn't a good way to find relations with people or anything, I'm just saying it isn't important enough to be a prerequisite for either me or the people I befriend.
I could be really askew with this kind of thinking, so I welcome any sort of analysis. But I think the answer to my own question could probably lie in the observance of the miniscule quantity of my actual musical opinions at an actual music forum...