Music Banter - View Single Post - Interview for School Project: how important is music to you ?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
TheNiceGuy
Living under the bridge

- Your age and nationality (optional, or please give approximate)
Australian

- How important is music to you ?
Very. Not to the point of obsession, but I'm very passionate about it.

- Has it had a precise impact, made a change, at any specific moment ?
Yes. I was inspired to learn an instrument through my love of music, and thus it unlocked a creative aspect to my life that hadn't previously been visible. Through the gateway of music I've embraced my artistic side, in many ways not just including the musical aspect of it.

- Do you think the music you listen to influences your life/life style/ way you dress/personality ?
A bit. My love of music has enabled me to build stronger friendships with fellow music lovers and that has shaped my social life a little. As for dress/style I guess my look has turned a bit Mod-ish recently because of my listening to a lot of bands that are in that style.

- Is there a type/genre of music, artist, band, song, album (anything to do with music really) that had a great or lasting impact on you ?
There's probably two main bands that have really struck me. One is Roxy Music; their style and creativity really inspire me as a musician. The other is The Who; partly because the lyrics and messages they spread through their songs are universally identifiable, and also because they showed a confidence in both attitude and music that really catches my senses.

-Have your tastes in music changed throughout your life ? If so, why do you think that is ?
My earliest musical fad was New Wave synth-pop. That was a long time back; now I've gone more eclectic (although still quite rock and anglo-centric) in taste.

-What do you think of the importance of lyrics ?
Lyrics are the soul of music. Not all lyrics are "deep" as such but the message, the emotions and the story of the song are incredibly important. Sincerity is key as well in my books.

There is no Dark Side of the Moon really, matter of fact it's all dark...
TheNiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote