Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #636 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I always thought that that legalized marijuana that you buy at the 7/11 would be of either the same or higher quality with a higher (and taxed) price, with many other Southern Californian peers/elders feeling the same way. Herm, quite teh opposition in opinion, maybe we should split into two states.
I've always felt like that was a good idea, because I've always harbored immense hatred for Southern California. I'm not even sure exactly where it stems from. I used to think NorCal, CentralCal, and SoCal would work. 3 states. But, yeah... not likely.

But yeah, if it was legalized in California the way the bill was written, there would be warehouses of grows, churning out fairly decent buds at such a high rate that the market would be flooded and instead of being able to get 140-400 /.oz., it'd probably fetch no more than 80 /oz. And mass-produced, it's hard to keep your eyes on all the plants and put extra care into them. May increase the likelihood of getting moldy buds or a multitude of other problems solved by having a small crop and paying attention to a small amount. Then again, you could hire more bud-tenders and have them only care for a certain amount of the plants to ensure quality.

But the point is, legalization will cause the price of bud to fall drastically. Slap a meager tax on there, or even not so meager, and it would still be generally cheaper than buying bud today. I just cross my fingers about quality, although I'll have you know I'm going to continue taking care of my own plants anyway, which means buying bud is all the rarer for me.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote