Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #166 (permalink)
The Big Dog

I had heard that his kid was in FCW, although I don't tend to follow it too closely. The WWE could do with a few new guys in my opinion, there isn't a very established mid-card at the moment, and most of the jobbers they have are too generic for regular TV time.

Garrett Bischoff? Why have I got the feeling that was probably another ill-fated Russo angle? Also, surprised to see Hardy doing house shows, would have thought if he turns up only in body to PPV's, that skipping house shows in favour of drug-fuelled binges would be a done deal.

Yeah, Styles and the Pope would be good. I've always had the thought that AJ could have been massive if he had switched to WWE earlier in his career, imagine AJ Styles Vs. Jericho or Styles Vs. Kingston?

I can't see any reason WWE would take much notice in any other wrestling promotion, there will never be another the size of the WWE and I doubt WWE fears ROH, TNA or NJPW taking any of its audience.
TNA lost all momentum it had when it was at its peak, around 2005-2006 and ROH is still little more than a cult phenomena.

I'd have rather seen Y2J 10 years ago, but I reckon he won't have lost too much of his way, as he has always taken breaks from wrestling so won't have worn as much as others who have competed for the same amount of time.

Jericho didn't really need to win the Rumble in all honesty, his name carries enough marquee value that just putting him into the title picture makes sense.
I'm not too sure whether Jericho will win, because it makes Punks whole 'Best In The World' claim redundant and he loses credibility.
However, I feel if Punk does win he cements his title. And anybody that beats him thereafter will surely look as if they are 'The Best In The World' if you take into account the whole 'to be the best, you have to beat the best shtick' and I wouldn't be comfortable with The Miz or someone similar holding that title.

On a side note, I really dislike Punk. He just doesn't do it for me, but I find myself not exactly getting behind Jericho since his return. He's one of my all time favourites, but his character doesn't seem to have the same spark he once did.
I was rooting for Sheamus to eliminate him when it came to the final of the Rumble and have become strangely overwhelmed with a sense of backing Kofi in tonight's Chamber match. (I know he won't win, but hey; we can all hope)

I found the Rumble greatly entertaining, it showed that wrestling doesn't always have to take itself too seriously as there were a lot of slapstick moments, but also mixed with a great combination of suspense and storytelling.
The Sheamus/Jericho finish was brilliant as were the inclusions of Ricardo and Road Dogg.
I genuinely found myself enjoying every moment of it, and greatly anticipated the next entrant every time the timer began.
I'll also add the inclusion of Booker, King and Cole was a stroke of genius, even if it were just for Cole's hilariously over-the-top reactions.
Some may argue that those spots should have been reserved for younger guys, but I'd take Booker T over Tyson Kidd any day.

My only disappointment with the Rumble was Big Shows inclusion, I felt as if all excitement was just crushed when he entered at number 30.

I felt Sheamus deserved the victory in the end, he's had a great past year and is completely over. Now is the right time to insert him into the title picture especially with Henry out. We can't see Bryan Vs. Show forever, especially as Big Show is painful to watch.

With Santinos inclusion and Ortons withdrawl from the Chamber I'd have to say it's more or less a certainty that Bryan will retain. And I think it's the right decision, he's really come into his own in the last few months and his work has been great. An Orton Vs. Sheamus Vs. Bryan match would be great.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote