Music Banter - View Single Post - Disproof of intelligent design is not proof of no intelligent design
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by crukster View Post
What is God? I dunno, all I know is there's nothing which adaquetly explains how we got here, any answer requires faith to some degree.
Yes, true and an important point. I think people should be critical towards what they choose to put their faith in. Myself, I want the world I believe in to be as similar as possible to the world I believe I exist in. I want to be as right as I can about stuff and I want to minimize the chance that I am wrong. Because of that, I choose to put my faith in things that can be seen, tried, tested, experimented with, etc. I am very sceptical towards things which are not proved through formal observation/testing and which I can not experience as anything other than ideas, generally other people's, like the existence of God or ghosts. Even if I did experience one of these things, I might question my sanity before questioning my idea of the world without these things.

So yeah, faith is important and I think people should "spend it" wisely

On a side note, I feel like there are perfectly good explanations why we're here, even if they in rough ways do have to cover a lot of ground (explaining processes taking place over millions - even billions of years). But the start of everything is of course an elusive thing to figure out.