Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #991 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I only put Mordred in because I wanted people to checkout the album! Yes the singer isn't the greatest and it doesn't sound very dynamic today but that is because you have heard the same sound regurgitated but years later. Imagine it's 1991 (yes most of you were barely alive) and Mordred throw this album out there. Apart from Anthrax doing their thing with Public Enemy nobody had really heard this sound at all and they did it well.

Against the other albums I put up it probably doesn't stand a chance but when someone starts spouting about early Nu Metal you can now throw this at them because it is almost certain they haven't heard of it before.

As for the Sacred Reich bashing Surf Nicaragua is one of Metal's greatest E.P's and they didn't sound like many Metal acts out there and that is a big factor. It is a little disheartening to hear many Metal bands of the last 10 years or so and not recognise any individual qualities. Metal is a little like RnB to that extent a lot of it lacks individuality.

I should have put Sleepytime Gorilla Museum instead of Mordred maybe.
as well as the "Torture Garden" compilation for Naked City. Which takes the grind tracks and subtracts the jazz numbers from the albums. Would have been a better choice for a metal battle.

I love the self-titled album, and recommend it to people who love the diverse nature of it, but for those into metal, i would point them in the direction of "Torture Garden" instead and if they like that one tell them to check out the albums the tracks came from after.

I was happy to see Naked City come up, but think the jazz numbers on that album would not be for the people who anticipate a metal album.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote