Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm in the hospital and I'm BORED! What can I do?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

TV Tropes is a great website for the more geeky of us. Just look up your favorite book, television show, movie, band... whatever, really... and then read. And click links. And read some more. And click more. And get lost in it for over an hour.

If you like webcomics, go on an archive binge. Go to the first page and move on from there. I recommend The Order Of The Stick (DnD humor), pvpcomics.com (general geekiness humor), Multiplex (comic about the employees of a movie theater), Shortpacked! (comic about employees of a toy store), and anything else by the Shortpacked guy. He has links to all his other work on the website. You can also go to their "webcomics" section and find a HUGE list of webcomics in many different categories. Look around for one that fits your tastes.

Cracked.com if you're interested in juvenile humorous articles and lots of Top 10 lists. Not usually "funny" per se, but there are some exceptions. Good way to waste time.

StumbleUpon is excellent. Make a free account, enter in your personal tastes in the category list (which is enormous) and start "stumbling" to websites. Really good way to find... anything, really. I've used it to find humor websites, comics, videos, new music... very useful.

Hope that helps. Get better!