Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm in the hospital and I'm BORED! What can I do?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I'm really sorry about your appendix bursting and all your pain and the surgery, but I'm glad you were able to get help so quickly. That's scary that one's appendix can get infected and burst so suddenly.

Possible things you can do to relieve boredom:

(1) Do they allow flute-playing in the hospital? If so, you can produce some morphine-inspired flute solos.

(2) Become someone else for a while by going to Free Games at ROBLOX.com , where you can create your own character and play lots of funny and odd "virtual world" games for free with other people...presumably mostly kids, but you never know, since *I'm* there sometimes. I play Roblox with my child and it's actually one video game that we *both* like to play.

What's cool about Roblox is that the games (and there are over 50,000) are created by members, so they are often really odd. My favorite traditional games are paintball and some Star Wars Game where you can fly around and the goal is to try to hack people up with your light saber, although I prefer to just dance around them to see what they do. Answer: they usually are not amused and they kill me. :/

(3) Watch Youtube videos of BBC productions, like the period drama North and South

Here, to start you off:

North and South episode 1 part 1 - YouTube

(4) Take up origami, make a bunch of origami dinosaurs, and have them fight:

How to make an origami dinosaur - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"