Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Evolution.
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Metal Connoisseur
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatesphanboi View Post
Not sure that is true. I'm more of an alt-rocker that is happy listening to the Pixies and Breeders and I have watched several episodes of 'Metal Evolution'.

Why?

Well there is a sub-genre of Alternative Metal out there so I am interested in what the show might say about bands like Helmet, Flyleaf, and even Soundgarden.

Also I do recognize that there are some seriously talented artists in Metal: Ronnie James Dio had a great voice and also King Diamond was just hella' creative and a 'one of a kind' sort of artist.

Also folks don't watch this show in a vacuum. I happened to watch the grunge episode with my 11 year old nephew who I was baby-sitting at the time and he is just starting to get into music and stuff and watched a little bit... other folks will be exposed to it if it is on the boob tube.
There was never an alternative metal episode, so bands like Flyleaf and Helmet weren't mentioned. Leaving out alt metal could be cited as another flaw in the show.

Like I said earlier, if the show comes back for a second season, Sam Dunn very may well cover the bases he missed in the first season.
Metal Connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote